Yes, her show’s hugely funny but she’s clearly an actor.
4. How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
So many. I won’t share one of them. I’ll write down all of them. :D
- Ten x Rose. Road trip ficlet that would mostly be told through narrative summary, which isn’t my strength at all and therefore a bit of a challenge.
- Nine x Rose. Nightmare!fic, which I’ve started but I never really feel like writing on it.
- Tentoo x Rose. Pregnancy!fic, sort of. I really like thinking about this one, but not enough to take time from my other wips/original work to write it.
- Doctor x Rose. A very angsty going-back-in-time fic that would deal with a few things I’ve been thinking about.
- Ten x Rose. Accidentally married. This is super fun in my head. Not sure I’ll ever get to it.
- Ten x Rose. Cliché!fic. I’d have fun with this one as well, but not sure I’ll ever write it.
- A really complicated Ten x Rose, Tentoo x Rose AU. I’ll most likely not write it, but it’s really fun to fantasize about. I think it would make a good, soapy TV-movie.
- Ten x Rose. Jimmy Stone. I’ve been prompted this twice, and I wrote the thing in my head the other week. Should probably write it down before I forget.
- Ten x Rose. Sequel to Shielded From View. I’ve started it.
- Tentoo x Rose. Settling in in Pete’s World. 4k written. Think about it a lot, tbh, but those 4k are weak and revising it makes me feel meh.
- Ten x Rose. HN AU. Not a John Smith romance. I’ve started it and I know how to end it. But writing the middle part makes me yawn.
- Ten x Rose. Amnesia!fic. This one has been in my brain for like a year. I’ve started it, but yeah. Time issues.
- Ten x Rose. A shag-or-die that doesn’t result in a shag. Started it.
- Ten x Rose. Dimension cannon!fic. Started it.
- Ten x Rose. Reinette comes aboard. Started it. What stops me from continuing is that I’m really rather tired of GitF angst. Also, I don’t wanna do a bunch of historical research, haha!
- Ten x Rose, Tentoo x Rose. I have an angsty reunion!fic idea of sorts. Just a scenario I’d be interested in exploring.
Yeah. They’re just too many.
23. If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
Omg. ALL OF THEM. :D If I could only choose one, I’d probably choose In the Dark. I let my insecurities control me way too much while writing that fic. I didn’t trust that my writing was strong enough to say what I wanted it to say, and therefore relied on an abundance of crutches.
24. Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
Yep! One fic and one series.
I deleted an angsty shag-or-die with a happy ending. They were forced to fuck, then had to deal with the emotional fallout, and ended up getting together. I deleted it because I felt uncomfortable about it, because I wasn’t sure whether I’d handled it responsibly.
I sort of regret deleting my series. I did it because I’d put it on hiatus, and during that break, I improved so much my writing style changed a lot and I just couldn’t pick that series up as it was. So, I decided to delete it so I could revise it and make it into a multi chapter. I don’t think I’ll ever do it, tbh, which feels a bit meh. I feel sad about the fact that deleting that series made me lose the first reviews I ever received. I’ve saved the fics in google docs, though, so I’m still able to edit them and post them. But it would be so very time consuming.
ask-equestrias-angels answered: Tentoo, blue suit, kissing Rose Tyler.
I loooove drawing kisses!
If you cant attend life drawing sessions. This is the best thing for you
Let me show you something I recently found : Croquis Cafe!
You get to see models of different colors and shapes in a life drawing setting. They move and breath while posing (breathing like in real life :O) ambient music is playing in the background and you have 1, 2 and 5 minute sessions. I find it very helpful , you should try it.
Doctor John Smith is a widower twice over, and has been single for nine years. Jack, his best friend and the host of the dating game The Reluctant Bachelor, decides that enough is enough and manages to lure John into participating in the show.
Human Nature/Family of Blood Behind the Scenes
From Jason Arnopp’s Human Nature article (DWM #383)
David Tennant is consuming all of the drugs he can lay his hands on. Not in a tabloid-pleasing way, mind. “Day Nurse, First Defence, you name it,” he says, walking across the Museum’s grounds towards the Villiage Hall. He’s copped a dose of the flu, yet is still working hard. “I don’t sound as bad as I feel,” he grimaces. “Which is great for the show, but crap in terms of sympathy!” Maybe the Doctor’s alter ego John Smith has a cold?
“Yeah,” says David, sounding unsure. “Well, it was the Doctor who had a cold yesterday…”
DWM decides to leave poor David alone for the two days we have on-set. That’s just the kind of people we are.”
It’s the morning of 9 January at Upper Boat Studios, and David still has a cough which makes his knees buckle. Between takes at Wainwright’s cottage, he slips out of the John Smith persona, sits down and closes his eyes. It’s a far cry from his usual energised joking around, chatting to young set-visitors and signing autographs. Just as Human Nature is about feeling the Doctor’s absence, there’s clearly an absence of David felt on-set. Vitally though, each and every cry of “Action!” brings John Smith to life, pitch and word-perfect. Talk about professional.
All of my previous behind-the-scenes photoset posts can be found here.
Just keep swimming.
Ten’s reaction to being snogged
— requested by anon